Thursday, April 26, 2018

Just Add Ink #406 - Card Sketch


Hello!! I am excited to be partaking in the Just Add Ink Challenge this week. I was one of the winners selected during their 400th challenge so I get the exciting opportunity to be a guest designer this week. Woo hoo! This week’s challenge is a sketch challenge. I just love a sketch challenge. And this one is one that I haven’t tried before.



This sketch is great to use up that DSP you have. I really wanted to use some of the new DSP I received from the upcoming annual catalog. But I will have the whole year to play with so I decided to use up some retiring DSP. It’s been a while since I’ve used the Eastern Palace Specialty DSP so I used a piece of the Lemon Lime Twist paper. I paired it with the fun triangle confetti paper from the Picture Perfect Party paper stack because who doesn’t love some bright colors!

It was really fun trying to pair up with papers to use together. One I figured that all out, I stamped the sentiment from the Picture Perfect Birthday Stamp set. I stamped it on Bermuda Bay cardstock with versamark and embossed with white power. I wanted it to really stand out on the Bermuda Bay cardstock. Then I decided to stamp all of the elements to make a cute noise maker. Behind the circle sentiment I added the Black Shimmer ribbon. And I finished off the card with the tutti frutti sequins.


EDIT: So the Delightful Daisy DSP is current and retiring in a month. When I was looking up my supplies on the Stampin' Up! website, it's no longer listed there because it has sold out. So while it didn't retire last year, it has sold out. I guess I wasn't totally losing my mind when I made the card, haha!

And now I have a bonus card for you! Mostly because my brain wasn't working this week and the first card I made uses paper that retired last year. Somehow it stuck into my stack of current DSP and I didn't realize it was retired. So if you have some Delightful Daisy DSP, grab it now and make this card. :)



What a fun challenge! I hope you join the Just Add Ink team this week! We’d love to see what you can come up with!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Such fabulous cards! I had to LOL though, the daisy paper IS still current, well for another month or so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, my brain is mush, haha! I checked the website when I was looking for supplies and it wasn't there. Didn't think to double check the catalog, lol!

      Delete
  2. Both of your cards are so gorgeous Jen! I love the pop of the colours against the black and white details in your first card and the masculine look of the second is fabulous too! So lovely to have you join us as a Guest Designer at Just Add Ink this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards, Jen. I love the bright, cheerful colours of the first card and the more subtle tones teamed with Silver in the second card. Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us as Guest Designer at Just Add Ink this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,

    Loving BOTH of your cards, amazing how you got a completely different feel from one to the other. I must say I’m really attracted to the first one most - the bright colors and fun patterns just catch the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two different versions of the same card Jen - amazing how a change of colour can inspire something unique! Both gorgeous!
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete