Monday, November 27, 2017

November Swap - Holiday Ornament - GDP 115

Hello!! I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We hosted around 20 people last week so I was busy cleaning and getting ready so it was quiet on the blog last week. But now that it's over at least I have a somewhat clean house and a decorated house. And now that I don't have to worry about getting ready for Thanksgiving, I had a little bit of time to relax and get crafty. I had to work on my swaps for the monthly group that I'm in. (Nothing like waiting until the last minute!) Our theme this month was a flat ornament. I don't normally share my swap on my blog until after everyone gets it, but this time it worked perfectly for the theme challenge at Global Design Project. I love getting the chance to play along with these challenges.


Since the swap theme was flat ornament and the GDP challenge was Christmas Joy, I thought that was a perfect match. My idea of Christmas Joy is ornaments. I love all of the fun ornaments we have for our tree. Of course now a days it's filled with all sorts of disney and cartoon related figures but that's ok, it's still cute.


I chose to use the Seasonal Lantern set to make these pretty ornaments. I LOVE that there are matching framelits for all of these elements. They make it so much easier to make multiples.


If you notice only one of these ornaments have sequins on them. I wasn't sure if I liked how it looked. I think it's nice but I chose to keep them off on the rest of them. What do you think? Which do you like better?


The Wood Textures DSP makes the perfect background for the lantern. I love this DSP so much. I think I pretty much used up the whole stack.


And look how cute it is on your tree! I layered everything on a scalloped circle that was die cut with the thick whisper white paper. This way it's a little sturdier for hanging on your tree. I had so much fun making these ornaments. Maybe I should try to make up a few more in some other colors!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment