Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Back to School Pencil Tags

Hello! It's Tuesday and it's my son's first day of Kindergarten! Where has the time gone?? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was dropping him off to daycare. He has been at the same daycare for the past 5 years and that time has gone by in a flash! His last day at daycare was on Friday and he brought his 2 teachers a little gift. Of course I had to dress up the gift! :) If I had more time, I would have done something a little more elaborate but I thought these pencil tags turned out cute.


Mercedes Weber made little pencil boxes using the Home Sweet Home bundle so I just used her idea with a couple of tweaks and made it a tag instead. How cute!! I found it was best to use the die as a guide to help you glue on all of the cardstock first (Powder Pink, Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper, Sahara Sand and Black). Then once all of your cardstock is stamped (Crushed Curry) and glued you will then run it through the big shot several times.


After you run it through the big shot you will need to cut off the excess cardstock. But since you already had all the cardstock glued your pencil tag is just about complete. I used the Labeler Alphabet to add his teachers name to the tag.


I added the tag to the Striped Treat bags (which held a card and a gift card) with one of the Eclectic Shaped paper clips which had a Basic Black Baker's twine bow. These paper clips are so cute! I really need to use them more.

And now here is my little man ready for his first day!

Have a great day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment