Friday, March 10, 2017

Sparkly Mint Balloon



Happy Snowy Friday!! I didn't think I would be saying that in March. Especially since yesterday it was 60 degrees and we were outside with a light jacket. Not so much today. It sure looks pretty but I could really do without it. AND we are supposed to get more on Monday. Enough already! So let's get to today's pretty card. I just got the new glimmer papers from SAB and they are gorgeous!! I LOVE them! I really hope there are more colors like this in the new catalog. I decided to use the Mint Macaroon glimmer paper for my first card with them. This one just really popped out to me the most.

I knew I wanted to use these papers with the Up and Away dies. I mean how pretty is that balloon! I water colored the background with Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo. I am loving how these colors look together. The DSP in the background is from Urban Underground. You can never go wrong with chevron paper.


Some things to note for the embellishments:
The black heart is from the Sending Love Embellishments. I colored it with a black marker and then added some of the Fine tip glue on top of it. Then I colored pearls with a black marker and added those to the card. I colored them with the Basic Black marker but that didn't stay. I really think these are colored best with a black sharpie but would you believe I did not have one black sharpie in my house. I must have every other color sharpie but no black. I have a feeling a certain husband took it and it's now lost in the world of tools and other man stuff, haha!


If you look closely at the clouds, they are die cut with glitter felt that I found at Michaels. Isn't that cute!

I'm running a little short on time to post the supplies used on the card. So if you have any questions on what I used, please send me an email!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment