Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bugs and Kisses


Happy Thursday! I have a cute (and slightly creepy) card to share today. This card uses the new Beetles and Bugs set and Sealed with Love stamp set. I know many of you are probably not a fan of the bugs but I thought this set was really cute and I tried to make something sorta cute with it. As soon as I saw this set in the catalog, I liked it. It's not for everyone but it reminded me of a bug shirt that my daughter has in bright colors and I though it would be fun to stamp the bugs in fun colors to make them less creepy. I'm working on something else fun with this set for kids so I hope to share that soon. Back to today's card. I wanted to make a valentine's card with these bugs so I think this will be a card that I can give to my husband. I tried to not make it too frilly. I suppose the bugs take care of that part, haha!

I cut out 2 squares with the Stitched Shapes Framelits. The Pool Party square was stamped with the heart image from the Sealed with Love set. Then I stamped various bugs on the white square. The bug set is a two-step stamping set. Which means that the bug outline and the inside parts are separate stamps. So I used 3 different stamps for these bugs. The outline, the filled in stamp (I used Pool Party) and then another layer (I used Dapper Denim for the dots and stripes). Since this set has a lot of stamps, Stampin' Up has labeled the stamps that go together so you know which stamp to use with each bug. (ex. 2, 2a, 2b, etc). That is very helpful! And in between the bugs, I stamped the lips from Sealed with Love in Flirty Flamingo. I stamped them off on scrap paper once so they weren't so bright.

The one downside to this set is that there aren't any sentiments. So Labeler Alphabet Stamp set to the rescue! Or you could use any one of the other general sentiment sets Stampin' Up! has. I used the Labeler stamp set for the bugs and kisses. The "&" came from the Layered Letters set. And to finish off the card, I added Dapper Denim ribbon and enamel dots.


For this card, I even stamped the inside. After looking at the inside a little more, I think maybe I should have done without the little ants crawling on the page. Haha oh well! It gives it a fun little touch for that bug lover!


Well I hope this card changed your mind about this set being too creepy. I think this is a fun set for kids cards and even for the adult bug lover.

Have a nice day!


Stamps: Beetles and Bugs, Sealed with Love, Labeler Alphabet, Layered Letters Alphabet
Paper: Dapper Denim, Pool Party, Sending Love DSP
Ink: Dapper Denim, Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, Smokey Slate
Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, In Color enamel dots, Dapper Denim ruched ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment