Thursday, November 10, 2016

Dragonfly Dreams Display Samples - 3, 4 and 5

Hello! Welcome to my second post of Display stamper samples. Today I am sharing 3 of the cards I made. These cards focus on using the dragonflies from the set. For the first card I cut out several of the smaller dragonflies. The die for this contains 4 little dragonflies all together. So I cut several of them and layered them on the background in Shimmer white. I then cut the 2nd largest dragonfly from the cooper paper and added that to a white scalloped circle which has some cooper thread behind it. I finally added some Sweet Sugarplum as an accent color. I received the enamel shapes in my box and went crazy with them on my projects. I actually already had these so since I received a second set I did not feel bad about actually using them and NOT hoarding them, haha!


My second card uses the bold dragonfly cut out. This die cuts around the stamped image. I stamped the dragonfly in Early Espresso and then stamped the colored image in Flirty Flamingo (which was stamped off once). I used the gold polka dot foil acetate paper which I stapled to the Mint Macaroon cardstock. I am so sad to see this stapler go. Stampin' Up will no longer be selling it so get it now while you still can! Then I added a strip of gold glimmer paper and vellum with the sentiment stamped on top.


My third card uses the largest dragonfly die. I die cut this one with the gold glimmer paper. (See I told ya you would be seeing lots of gold - but isn't it just so pretty!) I also used this die on the Pink Pirouette cardstock as well. I added the gold dragonfly into the opening on the pink cardstock. I don't know if you can see it in the picture but under the gold dragonfly I added the gold polka acetate paper. You may be able to catch a glimpse of the polka dots. This was adhered to a piece of the Serene Scenery dsp. I added some clear sequins, a sentiment on vellum and.. you guessed it! gold twine!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying all of the display samples.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Jen. Thank you for sharing how to make them. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas with the backgrounds. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me on your first card how you got the dragon flies all over the background please? Is there a special Embosing piece available? Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete