Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Global Design Project #126 - Amazing Flowers

Hello! Is that spring outside I feel?? Over here on the east coast we’ve had 2 days teasing us that spring is here. But I think it will be short lived as it’s supposed to get cold and rainy again tomorrow. Oh well I’m enjoying it now while I can. It also inspired my card today. I wanted to use some bright springy colors. I decided to play along again with this week’s Global Design Project challenge. I love the sketch this week. And I’m super excited to say that I was picked as the winner from last week’s color challenge! Woo hoo!!



Since I won, I get to be a guest designer for next month’s color challenge. I can’t wait!

Here is the sketch for this week’s challenge.


This is the card that I came up with.


I used the Sale-a-bration set called Amazing You along with the Celebrate You thinlits. These are such great items that you can get for FREE!! Another perk is that the thinlits will carry over into the new annual catalog. You definitely need to take advantage of that.

I stamped the sunburst image onto Shimmery white card stock with Peekaboo Peach ink. I stamped the flower twice. Once in Pear Pizazz ink and then once in black memento ink so I could color the flower with the Stampin’ Blends. I colored the flower with the Pink Pirouette markers and the Light Calypso Coral marker. They were both cut out and glued to the oval stitched shape.


I die cut the leaves in Pear Pizazz (which I haven’t used in FOREVER!) using the Petal Palette thinlits. Those were then glued to the Powder Pink cardstock. I used Peekaboo Peach cardstock for the sentiments. Isn’t the amazing die cut truly amazing?!??! I just love that font. The finishing touches were some pearls and silver baker’s twine. I just love how fun and springy this card is.


Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Your card is beautiful! Love how you layered with the dies!

    ReplyDelete