Friday, January 27, 2017

December Swap - Cherry on Top


Happy Friday!! Did everyone enjoy the Artisan blog hop last week?? The team had such great projects. Be sure to come back every other Thursday to follow along with the team. It's been a little quiet on the blog this week as my family has been battling the lovely stomach bug. It hit my daughter over the weekend, then me and then my son. Unfortunately the kids got it worse than me but everyone seems to be on the mend now. We did have a fun weekend last weekend as I took my son to his first basketball game. He's been to into sports that it was really fun to bring him to a game. We went to see Seton Hall (my alma mater) vs. St. Johns. And we were lucky enough to witness a win.

Here is a picture of my son having a great time!



Ok moving on to the crafty stuff you are here for. Today's card is the swap I did for our monthly swaps. Our theme for December was Fancy Fold cards. I don't usually do these that often so it was fun to try something new. I decided to do a twist fold gate card. Never did one before? There is a great tutorial on it on Splitcoast HERE. I decided to use the Pop of Pink DSP along with the Frozen Treats stamp set. This is a good set for using those ombre ink pads. I used the Rich Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay one for this card. The ombre pad also works well on the sentiment too. For the ice cream cone on the front, I stamped the solid image in Soft Sky and then used the ombre pad for the swirls. Surprisingly this card has NO embellishments or ribbon!! I think because it has a fancy fold you don't need to add anything else. One thing to note is that since my tag with the sentiment is a little long it doesn't fit into a regular size envelope. So this is one of those hand delivered cards.


I hope you liked today's card and will give a fancy fold card a try!

Have a great weekend!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment