Monday, August 4, 2014

Christmas in August


Happy Monday! As you can see, I am still here waiting for Baby S to come along. Hopefully any day now. In the meantime, I have a sneak peek of a new stamp set called Good Greetings that will be available for hosts once the new Holiday Catalog comes out. This set will be available in an upcoming promotion for hosting a party. As part of this special promotion, if you host a party you will receive this set for FREE when you hold a party--which means you'll be able to use your host rewards on any Stampin' Up! products! The Good Greetings Stamp Set is extremely versatile and will cover holidays from Halloween to Valentine's Day and beyond! Watch for more information on this upcoming host promotion.

For today's card, I decided to make a Christmas card. I am far from thinking about Christmas but I just had this idea in my head so I went with it. I used several of the sentiments from the set and stamped them in Baked Brown Sugar onto Crumb Cake cardstock. Then I ran this through the Big Shot with the Decorative Dots embossing folder. Oh Don't Forget, there is a great Big Shot promotion going on during the month of August. Purchase a Big Shot and get an exclusive Framelits and Stamp Set Bundle for FREE when you purchase a Big Shot. Or, if you already own a Big Shot, get a 15 percent discount on these select bundles. Contact me for information on this great promotion!! Now back to the card. I again used the Big Shot to cut out the Deco Label framelit dies in Vellum and Champagne glimmer cardstock. I wanted to make a shaker style card with the Deco label framelits. I added gold sequins between 2 layers of vellum cardstock and then made a frame with the Champagne glimmer paper. You can't see the sequins as much as I would have liked but they are there. (See the 2nd close up picture). Next I stamped the flower image from Hello Darling in Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow. I cut out the pieces that I wanted to use on the card and adhered them with dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped in Mossy Meadow onto vellum and the final step was to add Cherry Cobbler seam binding.



I hope you enjoyed the sneak peek of this cute new set. The font is fun and it really is a versatile set. Contact me for more information on this promotion or on the Big Shot promotion. If I'm still here tomorrow I will have another shaker style card to share with you, so stop by and check it out!

Have a great day!

Stamps: Good Greetings, Hello Darling
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, Vellum, Champagne glimmer paper
Accessories: Deco Label Framelit dies, Decorative Dots embossing folder, Gold sequin trim, Modern label punch, Cherry Cobbler seam binding

No comments:

Post a Comment