Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Christmas in August!


Hello! In my last post, I said I couldn't believe how it was the middle of August, now we are here at the end of August. This summer just went by in a flash. I feel like I didn't get to do anything this summer. I hope the warmer weather continues a little longer, I'm not just ready for fall and winter yet. Even though I have a Christmas card for you today. I had a workshop last week where the hostess wanted to do a Christmas card with the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and dies. So this is the card and tag (see below) that we made. It was a pretty quick and simple card but I think it came out so cute. Using the dies to cut the ornaments make this process super easy. And I think the paper doily adds a nice touch to the card. I used the new Season of Style DSP paper stack along with Gumball Green and Crumb Cake card stock. The ornaments were stamped in Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green and Baked Brown Sugar. The sentiment is from More Merry Messages (which is on the Holiday Carryover list along with the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and framelet dies). For the finishing touch I added Early Espresso baker's twine. We also make a cute little tag for the Tag a Bag gift bags. I cut out one of the Deco Framelit dies in Gumball Green, then we stamped and die cut an ornament. On the back of the tag (not shown) I stamped a saying from the Christmas Messages stamp set. I hope this gives you some inspiration to start on a couple of holiday cards!


Stamps: Ornament Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
Paper: Season of Style DSP Paper Stack, Gumball Green, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar
Ink: Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Baked Brown Sugar, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Paper Doilies, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Ornament Framelit Dies, Deco Label Dies, Tag a Bag gift bags

2 comments:

  1. Saw this on Splitcoast and just wanted to pop over and say I love this!!! I would love to case it for one of my classes. I think these ornaments are some of the best SU has come out with. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you like my card. Feel free to CASE away! I still love these ornaments too and I'm glad SU still kept them around.

    ReplyDelete