Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Smokey Hello!


Hello everyone! I cannot believe it is the middle of August already. Where has the summer gone??? And when I woke up this morning I did not feel summer at all! It was freezing! Ok well maybe it wasn't that cold but it was definitely way too cold for my liking on an August morning. I'm just not ready for fall yet. I still want some warm summer days. We were at the beach last week and had some nice days but even those were the hot summer days I was expecting. Oh well, I shouldn't complain. This is all better than rain.


For today's card, I used the sketch from the Fab Friday challenge about 2 weeks ago. I had started it before I went on vacation but never got the chance to finish it. I had just received some items from the catalog and wanted to play with a couple of things. I used the Season of Style paper stack as the background paper. The red stripes don't need to be used just for Christmas. Then I layered a Deco Label framelit on top of that. It was embossed with the chevron embossing folder. I then punched some black cardstock with the decorative label punch. I also stamped Hello on the black cardstock but you can't really see it in the picture. Then I used the artisan label punch to punch soft sky cardstock. And finally I used the modern label punch to punch out the hello. Lots of punches used!! I finished the card off with Smokey Slate chevron ribbon and rhinestones. I used lots of dimensionals to layer all of the punches. So that's it for me today. I'll leave you with a couple of beach pictures from our vacation last week.


Stamps: Label Love, Four You
Paper: Smokey Slate, Soft Sky, Black, Season of Style Paper Stack
Ink: Soft Sky, Costal Cabana, Black
Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, Deco Label Framelit dies, Modern Label punch, Artisan punch, Decorative Label punch, rhinestones, Smokey Slate chevron ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment