Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Color Challenge


Hello. Today's card is for the color challenge that was on splitcoast yesterday. The colors were Cherry Cobbler, Pretty in Pink and Melon Mambo. This color combo screams valentine's but I wanted to do something different since I've made a quite a few valentine's cards lately. So I decided to bring out Awash With Flowers and do some coloring. Oh how I love to color!! The main flower is colored with Melon Mambo and a touch of Cherry Cobbler. It was a little too bright so I needed to tone it down. Then I added some dazzling diamonds on top, just because. The other 2 flowers are colored with Pretty in Pink and a touch of Melon Mambo. I used the music wheel on the Pretty in Pink cardstock but I don't know if you can really see it in the photo. Then I added some lace ribbon and Cherry Cobbler seam binding.
I need to keep looking at this bright card to distract me from the snowy mess we have outside today. It wasn't enough snow today to get me out of work. However, I'm stuck at home anyway battling a cold. :( I'm hoping to be a little productive at home while I have the whole day off but I don't know if thats really going to happen when I can hardly breath. Although I think it gets me out of shoveling snow for the day, so I guess that's one good positive! Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment