Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Birthday Card



Today’s card is a birthday card I did for my future mother – in – law. Again, I used the Elements of Style set. I stamped the large flower image in Soft Suede, then I used the square punch to punch out random sections from the image which were layered on Soft Suede cardstock. I then colored the flowers with 3 different shades of yellow copic markers and the leaves in 3 different shades of green. I stamped the flourish in Baja Breeze on Baja Breeze textured cardstock. To finish it off, I added Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, a Creamy Caramel bird and a sentiment from On Your Birthday. I love this color combination together. It’s nice to get back into creating some cards instead of the mass production of invitations, which by the way are basically finished. The picture below shows all 100 invitations packaged up and ready to go. The couple has requested 15 more so I’ll get to those in the next few days but for now, I wanted to get the 100 invites off my shoulders! It’s such a relief to have them finished. Stay tuned for my second post today which shows the cards we will be making in my June card class.

No comments:

Post a Comment